Offered jointly through Marshall Community Services and Marshall Public Schools, our State of MN approved Drivers Education program successfully prepares teenagers for the responsibility of driving. State law requires that students attend 30 hours of classroom instruction and drive 6 hours Behind the Wheel (BTW) to be eligible to take their driver's license test. Our comprehensive program satisfies the state requirements and is enhanced by the use of simulators during the classroom sessions. Students have the option of registering for our package deal (which includes classroom, simulation and Behind the Wheel) or Behind the Wheel only. Both options are competitively priced. Our high quality instructors are very knowledgeable and well-trained, giving our students the best classroom and Behind the Wheel experience possible.
Wh en scheduling students to take classroom, please keep the following things in mind:
- Students must be age 14 before they begin classroom training; however, we recommend students complete the classroom as close to their 15th birthday as their schedule will allow. This insures that students benefit from the most recent training prior to taking their written permit test.
- Students are required to attend all classroom/simulation sessions. Before registering for class, please look over students' schedules carefully to be sure they can attend all sessions.
Drivers Education Checklist
- Register for Drivers Education classroom at the Marshall Community Services office (507-537-6767) located at 344 West Main Street (2nd Floor), Marshall, MN.
o Contract must be completed and signed by the student and parent
o Payment must be made at time of registration
- Successfully complete classroom instruction (student will receive blue card)
- Take and pass permit test
o Student must be 15 years of age
- Practice driving with a trusted adult
- Register for Behind the Wheel at the Marshall Community Services office
o Driving permit must be presented to register for BTW
- Successfully complete Behind the Wheel (student will receive white card)
- Take and pass driver's license test at Driver's License Bureau (507-537-7024)
o Student must be 16 years of age
o Student must have had permit for 6 months
To Access the Minnesota Drivers Manual, please click here and search for Minnesota Drivers Manual.